Friday, August 31, 2012

BACKGROUND FOR

THE HUMAN CONDITION:
FUN AT THE FARM

a song about things going wrong and how to take it

Life is not perfect.  Things can go wrong, and we must take it . If we can find humor in it, all the better.

This song is about mishaps at a farm. It is not really about a farm, but about the "stuff' that can happen in life. The setting for this song is the  farm; but a farm is not more likely to have problems than anywhere else.

I wrote this song out of frustration.  Usually, when I write songs, I do the lyrics first. I do not normally have difficulty with lyrics. 

Well, I had written a song about a class trip to a farm for the early childhood grades.  I wrote the lyrics, then the song. I brought the song to my composition teacher and discovered, as I suspected, that the song was a mess. I had to rewrite.. Usually, when I need to do a rewrite, it is only the music that needs work. This time I had to work on the lyrics. WOW! DID I HAVE TROUBLE.!.  I  was quite frustrated because I could not get the lyrics right. (I finally did, but after a lot of effort).  While in the struggling process, I decided to write another song about the frustrating difficulties that a person can encounter in life. Since my present frustration was related to a farm, I used the farm as the setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment